Update Aug 26, 2020: Please download and read our COVID-19 Policy.
We are writing this to advise you on various new happenings at Building Blocks Nursery School. As September quickly looms up on us we are looking at a very different school year due to Covid-19 and the mandatory restrictions placed upon us all individually and BBNS as a learning institution.
- New protocols that we have to adhere to:
- Placing children and staff in groups, with no more than 15 children per group.
- Daily screening of all staff, children, and parents and guardians before admission. A temperature check and questionnaire done each morning before child can be admitted.
- Thoroughly cleaning before reopening and throughout the day.
- Keeping daily records of everyone attending the centre to support contact tracing.
- Allowing essential visitors only. Parents will not be allowed into the school.
- Staggering drop-off and pick-up to support physical distancing measures.
- All centres are required to have a plan in place if a child, parent or staff is exposed to COVID-19. This will mean centre closure or cohort quarantining.
- We will NOT be offering a preschool program at this time as we are unable to do so due to mandated restrictions on running a part-time program at the moment. We are confident that as things slowly start to change, we will be able to offer our preschool program once again.
- NEW FOR JK and SK:
- We are only going to have morning classes.
- Classes will only be for 3 hours. We are not offering a 2½ hour program.
- JK and SK classes in the morning can accommodate all children that have previously signed up for morning or afternoon classes.
- Staggered start and finish time will look something like this:
Class registered for Start Finish Class registered for Start Finish JK a.m. 8:30 a.m. 11:30 a.m. JK p.m. 8:45 a.m. 11:45 a.m. SK a.m. 9:00 a.m. 12:00 p.m. SK p.m. 9:15 a.m. 12:15 p.m.
- We appreciate that this is a lot to take in and that the changes are not what we all would like. We are trying our best to maintain the quality program that we all know and love. We do however need to know if your child will be returning to Building Blocks or if you will not be sending your child to BBNS in September.